Mayreau.com is happy to provide tips to visitors to the island. This small island located in the Grenadines chain in the Caribbean Sea is a fantastic tourist destination. It is a part of the nation of Saint Vincent and the Grenadines. Mayreau Island is known for its beautiful beaches, clear waters, and laid-back atmosphere. Some of the best places for a tourist to visit on Mayreau Island include:
- Saline Bay: This is a beautiful white sandy beach located on the northwest coast of the island. It is a great place to relax and swim in the crystal-clear waters.
- Saltwhistle Bay: This is another beautiful beach located on the southeast coast of the island. It is a popular spot for snorkeling and diving, as the waters here are home to a variety of marine life.
- Old Wall Ruins: These ruins are located on the northeastern side of the island and are the remnants of an old stone wall that was built to protect the island from pirates. The ruins offer a glimpse into the island’s history and provide a great backdrop for photos.
- Mayreau Village: This is the main village on the island and is home to a small population of locals. It is a great place to visit to experience the island’s culture and to interact with the friendly locals.
- Calvigny Island: This is a small, uninhabited island located just off the coast of Mayreau Island. It can be reached by boat and is a great place to visit for a day trip. The island is home to beautiful beaches and is a great place to relax and enjoy the natural beauty of the Grenadines.
Overall, Mayreau Island is a great place to visit for anyone looking to relax and enjoy the beauty of the Caribbean. There are many activities and attractions to enjoy, and the island’s friendly locals make it a welcoming and enjoyable destination.